View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #13
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
^ I was surprised to hear, he didn't care for that contribution or acknowledgment.
Well his lyrical and artistic focus were so socially conscious that he didn't want to be associated with some of the more hedonistic and chauvinistic artists and songs in the genre or stuff that glorified violence. He actually directly addressed rappers to take more responsibility for the influence they have on people on the opening track of his 1994 album.

That's not to say that he disliked all hip-hop though. He made it clear in several interviews that he was a fan of a lot of hip hop, and that his kids really liked hip hop to he was pretty immersed in the music for a while (I know he liked Nas, Mos Def, and Talib Kweli in particular and I bet he was a fan of the Native Tongues cats and Public Enemy and KRS-One and stuff).
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote