Thread: The Weeknd
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman. View Post
[COLOR=palegreen]Most original? Yeah, i don't know, you have to give Drake some credit (not that i'd want to, given how much of a cornball he is) for the proliferation of "post rnb" or whatever lame moniker anyone wants to attribute to it.

I liked the album, probably more the first few times i listened to it than now though. The main thing that stood out to me were the beats, the samples used work well. I don't think his voice is particularly great, it's decent though.
Ima check out them remixes. Heres The Weeknd doing Drakes 'Trust Issues'. Its pretty crazy: http://hulkshare.com/lbzckax6blb9

Yeah Drakes album probably had a knock on effect in terms of production style, vocal effects etc but I think this guys songwriting style is a lot different.

For me Drakes album was one of the best of 2010, you mean hes a cornball in terms of talking about his feelings etc? I can see that but I think it takes a lot more guts to bare your soul on record like that than just talk about your rap skills or drugs etc.

Yeah I agree with you about The Weeknd using samples, you don't hear a lot of that in R&B, certainly not the same style. Also the lyrics are a lot more vivid and realistic than average R&B which is lovey dovey crap. Not that I don't like that too sometimes, but its refreshing to hear a dude like this.

For me the albums an instant classic, and bearing in mind dudes only 21 I think if you only thought this album was decent this guys gonna be one to watch.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote