Thread: The Weeknd
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 05:18 AM   #6
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't mean he's a cornball in that sense. I'm open to pretty much any subject material, i just dislike his delivery. I just find some of his tracks cringe worthy, i can't really put my finger on why.

I wouldn't care that Drake is an effeminate attention whore if it didn't come through in his music, but unfortunately he always sounds like he's trying too hard to make music that doesn't suit him.

I haven't listened to much Drake though, i should probably check out his album. I appreciate that he has had a lot of influence on the direction pop and electronic music is moving in (more in popularising it than originating it).

You're right though, The Weeknd's music so far is encouraging. I'll definitely be checking out his tracks. I just think House of Balloons had a few good tracks and the rest was pretty mediocre. But it's a free mixtape/album, so i never really expected more.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote