Thread: The Weeknd
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #18
unclesam

unclesam grasshopper

Imo, The Weeknd is a bit overrated, he's dope but it's like, people jumped on the bandwagon to hail him and hype him and the album/mixtape up. The first time I heard the mixtape I was blown away because it was just so different and the sound was something I had been searching for but lately I don't like it as much, I mostly skip the songs when they come up on my iPhone or on iTunes. My favorite song was definetly What You Need though, it was super dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
I get the impression that Frank Oceans saving his best stuff for his album though. Not that 'nostalgia/ultra' wasn't dope, it just felt like he was playing around. It was definitely a mixtape, especially by comparison with 'House Of Balloons' just the whole style/format is different. Oceans writing stuff for Beyonce, Jay-Z, Bieber now which is crazy. Those artists are like the polar opposite of OF.

Weeknds follow up 'Thursday' is probably gonna drop in the next few months. I can't wait.
Um, Nostalgia/Ultra WAS Frank Ocean's album, he released it for free because Island Def Jam refused to release it so he put it out for free.
unclesam is offline   Reply With Quote