View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #60
True Father Allah
PRODIGAL SUN

True Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venoms

http://rapstation.com/td/hFHqvk6i

Oct.11th – M.C. Lyte was born Lana Michelle Moorer in Brooklyn , New York , on this day in 1971.

Lyte was signed to First Priority Records in 1987 and released her classic debut album “Lyte As A Rock” the following year , becoming the 1st solo female rapper to do so. The classic album featured such hip-hop classics such as “10% Dis” , “I Cram To Understand U”(Sam) , one of the first rap songs about crack addiction , and the hit single “Paper Thin”. Her brothers Milk Dee and Gizmo , who made up the duo Audio Two also appeared on the album as well.

Lyte released her sophomore set “Eyes On This” in 1989. The album produced 2 more Lyte classics ; “Cha Cha Cha” and “Cappucino”.

Lyte has released 5 albums since then , most notably 1991’s “Act Like You Know” which contained the classic “Poor Georgie”,

1993’s “Ain’t No Other” which featured the hit single “Ruffneck” and 1996’s “Bad As I Wanna B” , which featured the smash-hits “Cold Rock A Party”(Featuring Missy Elliott) and “Keep On Keepin’ On” produced by Jermaine Dupri and featuring Xscape.

Throughout her career Lyte has collaborated with a slew of artist like Janet Jackson , Brandy , The Roots as well as appearing on the posse track “Sticka” featuring Ice-T , Ice Cube and Yours Truly off of Terminator X.’s 1994 album “Super Bad”.

Lyte is also an accomplished actress appearing in several films such as “Plays’s Ball” , “A Luv Tale” , “Fly By Night” , “Civil Brand” and “Train Ride”.

Lyte has also done extensive television appearing on “New York Undercover” , “In The House” , “Half & Half” , “The District” and “Moesha” to name a few.

In 2006 Lyte was honored at VH1’s Hip Hop Honors annual gala where fellow lady m.c.’s like Da Brat , Remy Ma and Lil’ Kim performed some of her biggest hits.
True Father Allah is offline   Reply With Quote