View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Czars - dope drums, the kicks are bangin. i like the hats too, they got an ill brush shuffle sound to em. mix was nice, except the bass. turn that ish up!! i could barely hear it. and this beat was suited for a nice ominous bassline imo. still a nice joint

Gold Lions - this is my type of ish right here, some serious storytelling shit. back alley deals gone wrong. ye if possible id like to lay out a track to this one. let me know the deal.

Forgotten War - the bassline on this one was the one of the better ones, mix wise. i could hear it but it didnt cover up any other sounds, although a little more low end would have been ill. dope sample flip, and real nice layers on this one.

Danger Close - this one was tight, im diggin the vibe of it. bassline was pretty good one here too. i didnt really like the vocal sample. but that piano is real haunting, def could see someone like Mobb Deep and AZ rip this up

No Chaser - yes!! BASSLINE, this one right here is the illest for the bassline. it shines thru, got a nice low end, real melodic which is how a bass should be. drums are ill, nice rhythm, kicks thump, snare snap. again some ill sample work too, again nice layering. def my favourite of the group

Initial Forbidden Techniques - i could see someone rip this one up. out of the group i didnt like this one so much, drums were nice. but the mix wasnt all that great imo and the bassline didnt shine. nice joint but not as good as No Chaser.

overall, dope catalogue of beats for october. i think as far as mixing and basslines go No Chaser should be your starting point. i always felt you had a dope sound, real militant. but its always good to keep advancing, which seems like you are. my only other critique would be to add more drum variations.

peace GoD. some ill shit up in here. let me know about Gold Lions too, id love to spin a sinister plot line over that

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote