View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #25
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

finally got my package with "Cats & Dogs" and the "Greneberg" EP, both on wax.. Alchemist is killing it this year, he laced 5 of the best songs on Ev's incredible album imo. "Cats & Dog" has an insane amount of replay value, i LOVE this LP; no question the best of the year so far. Ev is on point on the mic all the way through, sharp lines, sick delivery and worthwhile themes. it doesn't sound exactly like Dilated Peoples but D.P. heads would definitely not be dissapointed, it's a great balance between the vintage D.P. sound and his own choice of darker tracks.

although I would like this almost equally if it had not a single guest, the cameos are really good on here. the track with Prodigy and Roc Marciano is one of my favorites, i had just finished reading P's autobiography and that verse really tied into that which made me appreciate it even more. the joint with Raekwon and Ras Kass is of course unbelivable too, on some clash of the titans shit. the only thing I missed as far as guest goes was that Lil' Fame didn't drop a verse, he was great for the hook (M.O.P. always beefs up any song) but i wouldn't mind hearing some more Fizzy, oh well that's not even a complaint. good to see both Rakaa and DJ Babu on here too btw (Babu did scratches on maybe three songs).

i think it was a cool idea to use the beat from DJ Premier's "...Collected Dust" for outro, the one U-God also used. Ev really pulled it off and it was the perfect outro for the LP; Preem also layed down new scratches on it.

the last thing that made me appreciate the album even more was the packaging. a download could never fuck with a 2xLP set, from the soundquality to the art but this had some extra shit too. there's a big poster of a pic from the same shoot as the cover and the back of it is entirely black but with a white big EV logo in the middle. also the vinyls are coloured which is always cool - disc 1 is light yellow instead of black and disc 2 is light pink.

iTunes got two bonus tracks, i'll upload them to my blog later tonight for those who might have missed out!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote