View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 AM   #12
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
I wish Pun was alive to oversee his second album at least. that shit doesn't sound right to me. those must've been fat joe's decisions. it was only two years apart from his debut, but the sound, for the most part, was totally different. not enough street material.
actually he did oversee that album, it was completed when he passed away - just like BIG's "Life After Death" too. "Yeeah Baby" was released only 2 months after his tragic death, and i remember seeing ads in The Source and such before he died. it's possible that there were some loose knots that had to be tightened up by Fat Joe and Sean C. before the release but i'm sure it was only minor stuff and nothing about the actual sound or getting new beats.

Pun said in interviews that his second album wouldn't be as hardcore in nature as "Capital Punishment", because he wanted to reach even more listeners:

Quote:
Big Punisher also discussed how he had constructed his second solo album, "Yeeeah Baby," in order to reach out to even more fans that his platinum-selling debut, "Capital Punishment." "The first album was 99 percent hard core to show you I was the best rhymer in the world," Pun told "Industry Insider." "With this album, I was like, 'Let me do five of those, and then some slower ones for those kids that can't understand what I'm sayin'.' I wanna cover more ground, get a bigger fan base."

For more from the last known interview with Big Punisher, pick up a copy of "Industry Insider" this week, or click over to the magazine's official Web site at www.industryinsider.com for additional information on how to get the March issue. Big Pun's posthumous new album, "Yeeeah Baby," is due out on April 4, and Loud Records has completed shooting a video for "It's So Hard," the first single from the record (see Puffy, Busta, Missy, Nas Come Out For Big Pun Video").
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1425716/.jhtml

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote