View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #23
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
The 50's and all the Elvis shit he stole from black folk..
a bit of a reactionary statement. to be honest i thought the same thing when i was a militant asshole teenager, but realistically musicians all steal from each other. elvis (and his collaborators) were actually quite inventive, taking country music and putting the harder edge of black rock n roll music with it.

theres conflicting information on whether or not he was a racist, but logically he'd have to respect the musicians that paved the way for his career. then again maybe he was a massive racist.

the 80s had probably more bad songs than any other genre, and it also felt like everyone followed the trend of using synths and fake drums in their records, as soon as the 80s were over a bunch of soul and rock artists went back to their old methods.

i definitely agree with check about new wave, because i think it was a catch all for the best of the 70s, shame it didn't last longer.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote