View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #33
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Wow, I thought the 80's was gonna dominate this poll by a huge margin. I think a lot of people are voting from a hip hop or even pop music perspective, in which case yes, the 2000's is a fair choice. But like that other dude said, there is plenty of good 2000's music out there if you look for it. I personally don't really listen to modern music at all. I'm a 60's/70's fan. But a lot of music I heard through the 2000's sounded pretty decent. I'm talking about proper bands here. Not the pop garbage they play on commercial radio.

But the main thing is that the 2000's did not have a general offensive sound or vibe like the 80's did. Though there was some great music in the 80's, the general sound of that era was horrible and has aged terribly. I would almost say it's inarguable that music from the 80's has aged worse than any other period of music. The only other period you could really argue has aged worse would be the 50's and maybe the early 60's.

It's most noticable when you actually listen to the discography of a band or artist who has been around since the 60's or 70's and through to the 2000's, and their 80's albums are the only unlistenable work they've put out. I've encountered a few bands/artists like that.

Also, it's not really relevant to the discussion, but the look of 80's music, like the presentation of musicians, was also absolutely horrible and unforgivable. Again I would say inarguably worse than any other period.