View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Sinapse
Hip Hop aholic

Sinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venoms

Yea Jeremy Ellis is a beast...but he uses them as a live instrument, it's a lot different than just making beats on it...that said, I would probably go for the Maschine if you are comfortable with DAW/midi setups. I use an MPC2000 and some other gear but that is what I learned to make beats on, it all revolves around the MPC sequencer and the various functions in the box. It's far more limited than a DAW/midi set up in many ways, but for me it's all about the feel of the MP. I would try to find someone that has an MP and get on it, make some beats see if you dig the sequencer and what not b/c you are definitely going to feel like you are on a desert island if you go from DAW to MP sequencer. My homie ST/Mic who produces and engineers for Mello Music Group (we got an album dropping, yea gotta plug myself) used to have my set up and converted over to MIDI/ableton a while back and swears by it now.
Sinapse is offline   Reply With Quote