View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

agreed "Wolves" is one of the illest songs on "8D" and so is "Windmill"... i loved "8D" since i first heard it, the first 6 months i pretty much played it front-to-back each and every day for like the first six months. the hate that LP caught is nothing but riiciolous, it has got its flaws but overall it's the most Wu sounding album since probably "Wu-Tang Forever".

more Shaolin Flick samples since any album past '97, dark and rugged and alot of dope verses. much of the live instrumentation added a lot of flavor although some of it ("My Heart Gently Weeps") really didn't work that well. "Sunlight" really didn't fit the album at all either, they should've aded the banging "Tar Pit" instead in that place and also kept "You Can't Stop Us Now", love that song and it fits perfectly. when i play that album on my iPod i always add the EU version with U-God in place of "Sunlight" cuz it works perfect.

i always add the Hom1e mix of the original "Thug World" in favor of "Unpredictable" and sometimes the first sampled version of "Gently Weeps". with these changes the album is fucking amazing. my only problem is some of hte singing which can be real horrible, especially "Starter" - i love the beat but the song is awkward. the rest of the songs like "Campfire", "Take it Back", "Tar Pit", "Get Them Out Ya Way Pa", "Rushing Elepehants", "Wolves", "Gun Will Go", "Stick Me..." (it's decent), "Windmill" and "Life Changes" are impeccable Clan songs... too bad "Watch Your Mouth" didn't make the cut :/

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote