View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #27
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
uncomfortable? it's fucking slavery, man. it's supposed to be uncomfortable. ironically, the only criticisms I've heard (from black writers) is that there isn't enough blacks killing whites. go figure. Shadow and Act wrote a whole article about how the movie should be more like Nat Turner's rebellion...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ainly_not_nat_
i wholeheartedly agree with you; it depicts alot of the realities of slavery in the south that are usually not depicted, and the characters all speak in a realistic way... i just know people aren't ready for some of the shit they're going to see and hear.

as far as the nat turner comparison, that's not the type of story this is...this is like a throwback spaghetti western in tone and story, it uses this era as a setting, but it is a personal revenge story.

and plenty of slavers get killed...in particular, there's a scene early on in the story where django essentially gets his first bounty on a plantation that'll make you jump up and say "fuck yeah!"

EDIT: After reading that article, and skimming some of the comments...I understand some of the criticisms, but it seems more of a matter of getting something different than they expected rather than being objectively critical of this script. They expected "Catcher Freeman: The Movie" (so did I, and it that would be amazing to see), and got something different.

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 03-31-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote