View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
MENES
TIME PASSES..

MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MENES Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to MENES

YES. excerpt..

Reading Mark Baker's NAM in anticipation of ERFC and for procrastination purposes. "Going out on ambush one night, it rained so hard, I started to choke. I couldn't even breathe. I bent over to create an airpocket under my chest. In that moment, it was filled with mosquitoes" (pp. 115). "You know how you stop the shits? You eat peanut butter in the C-rations. You wouldn't shit again until you had the grape juice. Drink the grape juice, you shit your brains out. Between the grape juice and the peanut butter, you were regular" (106). And the most amazing story for me; this helicopter squadron gets called out to fly a mission, but its monsoon season and they can't take off until the rain lets up. The door gunner on one of the ships who just wanted to wait out the rain inside sees water dripping on his guns. When he bends over to move them "lightning struck the helicopter behind us, charging the ship. The rockets in the helicopter were fired electrically, so seven rockets were set off. Coming out of the tubes the fins of six of them opened. They hit eachother and knocked around all over the place at random. One rocket went straight forwared and entered the tail boom of my helicopter. It came tearing through the transmission and through the fire wall of the cabin. Had I not been leaning forward it would have torn through the left side of my chest and ripped my let arm off. As it was, it passed over my shoulder" (224).

Tunnel Rats 25th INFANTRY.. Moose...

E-R-F-C ..

MENES is offline   Reply With Quote