Thread: Miles Davis
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i haven't even mentioned the marvelous Gil Evans collaborations but 1968 he was one of the guys who pioneered the whole fusion movement that spread like wildfire after his super original "Filles de Kilimanjaro", "In a Silent Way" and "Bitches Brew" which made him a superstar. this music is so incredible and Miles was so great bc he knew which musicians would sound amazing together even if he never heard them play together.

he also started hearing music in the higher register which made his trumpet playing even greater. just listen to his playing on "Jack Johnson" and "Live-Evil" for instance, that's some of his best playing ever imo. and despite the criticism he didn't give a fuck but made jazz with heavy influnces from other black music like blues, R&B, funk and Hendrix like rock. his live concerts from this time is absolutely amazing too, Q Magazine even placed his "Dark Magus" 1974 performance 2xLP as one of the Hardest albums ever recorded. then you got "On the Corner" which was sooooo ahead of its time, its pretty much the first drum n bass album ever recorded.

last but not least i want to mention "Doo Bop", he was very impresse with hip-hop music so it was incredible how he got Easy Mo Bee to produce the entire album and his playing on there is just as good as ever. that's a great instrumental hip-hop/jazz album. and some of the live concerts from 1969/early 1970 is almost avant-garde so he basically did it all succesfully plus he was a larger than life character.

hahahha this is probably the longest post i ever wrote on Wu Corp so i hope someone will read it :P

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote