View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #103
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Lisa Raymond becomes oldest No. 1 in tennis history

Getting to No. 1 is nothing new for American Lisa Raymond. She's been at the top of the WTA doubles rankings five times in her lengthy career, on-and-off for much of the past decade. Her recent rise to No. 1 is a bit different. In topping this week's list, Raymond becomes the oldest man or woman in history to be at the top of a professional tennis ranking.

"It's definitely a lot more special this time than ever before," Raymond said in a WTA news report. "I'm the fittest I've ever been in my career, and I found the right partner too.

Raymond, 38, will be a co-No. 1 with her playing partner, Liezel Huber. With each successive win, she'll move up the all-time doubles list, where she currently sits at No. 6 in most tournament victories (behind such names as Martina Navratilova and Billie Jean King).

"She has worked so hard to be back at the top and I can't even imagine doing that at 38!,
said Fed Cup captain Mary Joe Fernandez. "She and Liezel make a great team and will be going for the gold at the Olympics."

Other Lisa stats:

Fifth time reaching No. 1 and her first ascension to the top spot since 2007.

Made her No. 1 debut on June 12, 2000. Bill Clinton was president, "Gladiator" was winning the box office and Caroline Wozniacki was nine.

She won the career Slam in 2006 by winning the French Open. Overall, Raymond has won six Grand Slam titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote