View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #3242
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to Poetic Wun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONEL HUTZ View Post
i personally couldn't get into either of those; i'd recommend 'criminal' or 'scalped' ahead of either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
me too. i recommend scalped above most.

and pandemic, incognito by brubaker & phillips. have you read it? and if so what would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?

and i know im supposed to be all cynical and nitpicky. but i just read the first chunk of avengers vs xmen and i gotta say.......i enjoyed it. good jam session between writers who grew up on 80s marvel continuity and are just expanding on/playing with all that.

yes. most of these heroes are acting WAY out of character for this thing. but as far as colorful cape comics go, its a lot matchups your inner child might enjoy reading. and honestly jrjr's art is great to me. reminds me of his old x-men stuff from back in the day.
Thanks y'all, i'll check that series out.

lol "colorful cape comics"
I'll always love them first & foremost
As for Avx, i agree this series is trying to tackle those childhood "VS" debates... but personally i cant stand JRJR... he is stoic and very 1,2 structured... he reminds me of an untalented Frank Miller.

Daredevil & Uncanny X-Force is where Marvels at...
Then Justice League Dark, I-Vampire & Wonder Woman take my top 5... WW for some reason has caught my attention this time around... maybe i've just always hoped she'd have a better series to somehow justify her membership on JL.
Speaking of-- anyone read Spaceman??

Lots of good stuff tho, Amazing Spider-Man is good Swamp Thing/Animal Man is good in conjunction with 1 another... I dig Supergirl a lil too

Poetic Wun is offline   Reply With Quote