View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #39
infinite vagina
piggies

infinite vagina drunken mastainfinite vagina drunken masta

I don't listen to the 50's much but it had good jazz.

I used to listen to 60's and 70's music when I was younger - The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Kinks, David Bowie. There were good psychedelic and progressive rock bands that came out. Krautrock was also enjoyable to listen to and bands started to get more electronic and experimental during this time. Punk bands emerged. Soul musicians like Al Green, Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield were good.

The 80's and 90's had my favorite bands - Pixies, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, The Replacements, Talking Heads, The Smiths, Cocteau Twins, Pavement, Yo La Tengo, Sleater-Kinney. Also rappers - A Tribe Called Quest, Digable Planets, Souls of Mischief, The Pharcyde, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap. Post-punk and alternative/indie rock were my favorite genres. Hip Hop is enjoyable. I didn't like most of the New Wave bands though.

The 00's was weak. Alternative/Indie rock was just not as good as the 80's and 90's. The 10's is better in hip hop than the 00's already - Lil B, Spaceghostpurrp, ASAP Rocky, Main Attrakionz, Odd Future. Future Garage is good. Pictureplane and Crystal Castles are some of the music I also enjoy right now. I don't think alternative/indie rock will ever be as good as before.

Yeah.

Last edited by infinite vagina; 05-26-2012 at 09:16 PM.
infinite vagina is offline   Reply With Quote