Thread: Prometheus
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #32
Shadow Demon
PRODIGAL SUN

Shadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venoms

SPOILERS

Great film, what resounded with me was the imagery- the beautiful worlds, the compelling looking Creators and the emotion they gave them.

the whole deep concepts of creation, god, of the theories you see of aliens creating humans, babylonian civilisation Sitchinesque type stuff really resounded with me and i find it very interesting.

what let me down was that the alien didnt speak to them. the moment when it stroked the robot guys head and the realism of the emotion it showed was breathtaking. but they didnt explore the aliens reasoning more or anything like that. even if it didnt give them definite answers they should have explored these concepts more.

it was almost as if the writers/ridley scott penned an awesome story, background but then in the second half they got lazy and turned it into a survival horror/Deep Space like thing, which i really wasnt feeling.

To me its like if they got Peter Jackson to do half of Lord of The Rings and then got a retard like Michael Bay to do the rest.

And I know Scott wants Prometheus to be the deeper side of the whole Aliens vs Predators thing, but I think making them part of the same universe was stupid. I want those deeper questions to be answered and i hope they do in p2.

Last edited by Shadow Demon; 06-04-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Shadow Demon is offline   Reply With Quote