Thread: Daily HoroScope
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #17
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
I'm not saying this doesn't happen, but this relys on your assumption that all people who have ever been successful at reading a person astrologically were deliberatly trying to swindle them. This spanning the globe in multiple cultures over thousands of years, not one honest astrologer amongst them?
I do not believe that all of them are intentionally deceiving people. It could be that it is done unintentionally because of delusion. When a person has wrong info and relates this to another person, it is different from a person who speaks a lie knowing it is a lie.

Quote:
And in fact it was incorrect to label the planets as metaphors in the first place. They are not....So the planets (actual objects in the empiracly known universe) are metaphors for greek and roman gods (of which there is no proof they exist as empiracly knowable "things")???
I was referring to the names of the planets. Take March for example. This in honour of the so-called god of mars. Mars represents war. I could go on with the rest of the months which were named in honour of those 'gods'. Even the days of the week were named that way.

Quote:
I know. But do you think the energy that makes someone angry, red, hot and bothered is any different than the energy that underlies the scorching hot summer weather, or the hot, dry, arid desert lands or the hot, spicy pepper? Many ancient cultures understood them to be the same and it led to an understanding of the universe that western science is only now beginning to see was right and exact.
They are not the same. They are quite different.

Quote:
A lot of those questions can be answered with "they are".
I don't know how you could answer a question asking why something is the way it is with the answer 'they are'.

Quote:
Even wackypedia knows this so I'm not going to continue repeating it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology Cycles of change that are observed in the heavens are therefore said to be reflective (not causative) of similar cycles of change observed on earth and within the individual.
Basically, the microcosm corresponding with the macrocosm and vice versa.

Could you give me an example of a cycle of change observed in the heavens reflective of a specific incident observed here on earth and within the individual?

Quote:
The rest can be answered if you open your mind to the possibilty that things like the mother's health, the delivery conditions etc are also governed by the same forces that underly the movement of the celestial bodies. All is accounted for in the great web of life, woven by the Supreme Architect.

Ultimatley, your ending quote shows that you are not even willing to change your point of view on the most fundamental part of astrology (the part I put in green!) if you can't change your view point on that then there is little point to this discussion going any further.

Bless!

I have an open mind, but not so open that my brain falls out. I could consider a point of view, but to change it - what evidence are you gonna show me to change it? Are you willing to show and prove evidence?

What are the names of these forces that 'govern' these things and why does not science recognize them?

Is it possible to do an experiment to show and prove the astrological theory of the universe?

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

Last edited by diggy; 06-05-2012 at 12:53 AM.
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote