View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #6
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa

meh, I don't live in the States so I'm good.

besides, laws like this aren't anything new. I mean look at VHS taps back in the day; they always showed a disclaimer stating copyright infringement of the distribution of this video without proper concent, yadda yadda, etc.

but people still dubbed tapes, shit I used to do it and give/sell to my friends all the time. And where I live there are corner stores everywhere in the major city areas with "brown bag" stores selling bootleg stuff; sure they get shut down when found out, but that doesn't mean they all go extinct, you just go 2 blocks over and find another one (China Town is notorious for this).

Even major establishments like sports bars who air live PPV's who are not authorized without proper concent from the distributor to show their program in a public place do it all the time; I see the words scroll at the bottom of the screen all the time when I catch a UFC or whatever, and they still do it without any regard for their wrong-doing.

I guess in the words of Everlast from House of Pain, "it ain't a crime if you don't get caught".