View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
kurupt_kw
Veteran Member

kurupt_kw crouching tigerkurupt_kw crouching tiger

I liked Randy but I get what you are saying. I think he did earn a lot of the praise he did but I also think it was magnified due to his story. Old man champion defending his belt against bigger, younger fighters. Society loves a good story and people ate it up. I can't stand shit like America's Got Talent because of this factor. You have some idiot come out and do something horrible or sing with a very average voice but because he has some sob story the crowd and judges jump on his nuts and praise him.

I've been to one UFC and it was when Randy lost his belt to Brock. It was fun but I would have rather seen Hendo vs anyone.

I was onboard with the UFC since 1 when a bunch of us 7th graders got together and ordered the PPV and I've always loved Tank. It was kind of disappointing to me when I saw him in MGM. I guess I always saw him as this huge tank when I was a kid. To stand beside him and tower over him really surprised me. I also ran into Mike Tyson at the Hardrock and it was the same thing. Standing 6'3" I really didn't expect to feel that much bigger than these guys.

It's also funny to see a guy like Thiago Alves up close. If I didn't know who he was and he came at me to fight I would laugh in his face and tell him I don't beat on little guys. The reality is that he would beat the shit out of me with ease.
kurupt_kw is offline   Reply With Quote