Thread: Prometheus
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #36
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

***SPOILERS***

first of all, i need to re-watch this, perhaps on 3D cuz i saw the 2D version at such a crappy theatre and totally played myself. the resolution of the projection was so horrible that when i walked in, i thought i came into the 3D version by mistake and started looking at the crowd but no one had glasses on lol

i thought the movie was good, had all the potential to be great but the script was the weakest link and due to it failed to bring it all together.

main problem i had with Damon Lindelof's script was the character development. where certain characters were developed well, most of the sub characters never blossomed barely had any interactions amongst eachother and comes off awkward. as much i love Idris Elba and he did do a great job with what was given to him but the chemistry just wasnt there with the others. and this by no means was his fault, i take shot at the writers for this.

other aspects of the film were phenomenal i thought. cinematography, visual effects, story, introduction of the 'engineers' and so on. also, great role by Guy Pierce who always plays someone completely different in almost every film he's in, and i dig that about him.

all in all i enjoyed the film but for a full on Sci-Fi-Horror joint by Ridley Scott i felt it came off short and far from a classic.

thats my take on it after the first viewing. will come back to this thread after i watch the 3D version @ Imax on Lincoln Square.

peace.