View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #56
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^It really does.

Label pressure has to play some factor, no matter how hard these dudes are willing to whore themselves out for a check.

If I were an indie artist, I would never sign a deal with an imprint under the Interscope umbrella.

Not only would you probably get butt raped on percentages, but I'm sure it's a 360 and Jimmy's slimy six-fingered hands dip into everything.

Signing with Interscope is akin to signing with the WWE.

Lemme lay it out here....

You get signed and you're happy because it's the big time and the earning potential and possible exposure are all appealing to a hungry performer.

Then you get there and the brass immediately drops the ball, they keep you working dark matches and squash jobs so that anyone that didn't alreay know who you are has no idea why you're there, you look like the hired help.

Same case with SH on Shady/Interscope, Eminem fans (the John Cena fans of Hip-Hop) are still grasping to figure out who the fuck Royce or Bad Meets Evil is or was.

They can't connect the dots because they were 4 when the SSLP dropped, so those 4 guys just end up looking like Em's wait staff/dishwasher.

It's like having Ultimate Warrior return without a video package to clue in younger fans, they won't know who that old fart is and won't care either.

The company will ultimately do a horrid job of packaging, marketing & promo and kill any buzz you had on the indie scene within a month or two (although SH does a pretty good job of shooting themselves in the foot).

They'll call you into the office one day and explain that your services are no longer need and wish you "Best of luck in your future endeavors.". but you can't go elsewhere until they say it's okay because they now own your name, likeness, character & soul and snuck a non-compete clause in your contract.

So you're either gonna come out the pocket to buy yourself out, suck some cock in the CEO's office, or be cast into limbo by a megamaniacal tyrant with utter disdain for anyone not in his tax bracket.

I'll call the shot: Slaughterhouse gets dropped and "Future Endeavored" by the end of 2012.

When the album will have sold 65,000 at that point, if they're lucky.....

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???