View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
^ I was never one for DOA, I always had trouble mastering the counter effect mechanisms, and aside from Hayabusa I wasn't a big fan of their character roster.......although that special forces dude was pretty sick.

I've always been a Tekken head, and that's why I'm more itnerested in this; also, Tekken used to be a PS exclusive which is why I always liked it as well.......plus Forrest/Marshall Law was the closest you'd get to playing Bruce Lee in a game....always imitated, never duplicated

BTW, is both Forrest and Marshall in this? My cpu at the moment won't let me play vids for some reason.....and if so, will they have the same move-set???
Jann Lee is the Bruce Lee character in DoA. He's great. The counter system is really hard to master, but if you learn it, you can do some serious damage. In DoA5 they nerfed it a little and made the counters a bit easier.

Look at all these tag throws. Tekken better step up it up in TT2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post

@ IKEA
Sorry man! I tried to get into DOA a couple of times. For some reason it never got me interested. Though, I like watching other people play, and I fucking love how hyped the fights looks with the stage interaction.
I really like the fluidity of DoA, moves really blend nicely into each other and the combos are smooth as shaved balls. Now I played the piss out of Tekken 5 and 6 and Tekken 3 back in the day. Compared to DoA, the moves in Tekken are kind of robotic and it seems the Tekken series are getting worse and worse...
Storyline makes no damn sense anymore, it's more and more button basher friendly than ever (that easy fucking 10 hit Baek combo for instance), the outfits are getting more and more ridiculous (Yoshi has no good outfits anymore), scenario mode is horrible, new bounce system causing even more juggling.
The juggling is one of the things that turns me off the most about Tekken. It's so unrealistic and breaks the game for me. Once you get launched, which isn't that hard, your opponent can land retarded long combos on you without you being able to counter, pull out or even fight back.

Last edited by JASPER; 08-24-2012 at 02:46 PM.
JASPER is online now   Reply With Quote