View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKEA View Post
I really like the fluidity of DoA, moves really blend nicely into each other and the combos are smooth as shaved balls. Now I played the piss out of Tekken 5 and 6 and Tekken 3 back in the day. Compared to DoA, the moves in Tekken are kind of robotic and it seems the Tekken series are getting worse and worse...
Storyline makes no damn sense anymore, it's more and more button basher friendly than ever (that easy fucking 10 hit Baek combo for instance), the outfits are getting more and more ridiculous (Yoshi has no good outfits anymore), scenario mode is horrible, new bounce system causing even more juggling.
The juggling is one of the things that turns me off the most about Tekken. It's so unrealistic and breaks the game for me. Once you get launched, which isn't that hard, your opponent can land retarded long combos on you without you being able to counter, pull out or even fight back.
While a lot of people are turned off by the juggle system, that system is what give you more freedom in doing combos. With the inclusion of the spike(Ground bounce) and tag combos you even have more freedom to create different combos. Besides, every game have juggles, it just that Tekken combo mechanics are based on it. Story wise almost all fighting game story sucks. The game is noob friendly, but it does have some depth in it for high level play. Tekken games are well animated and they don't look robotic at all. The only instance where it looks funny is when players are doing the wave dash technique.

Level Up Your Game Tutorials

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Last edited by RagnaroK; 08-25-2012 at 02:07 PM.
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote