View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #10506
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

IronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to IronSheik Send a message via Skype™ to IronSheik
Default Allen says Boston put him in a position where he had to leave

if it wasn't obvious to u already since he got benched last year, here's his explanation for the move...

"It was a business decision and the team put me in the position where we had to move. We had to go. Miami was a better choice for us based on what the team was doing, so it wasnít, donít boo me, boo the team in a sense. Now itís out of my control. Ö When this contract situation came down, everybody in my circle ó mom, family, brother, sister, friends from college, people who watched me since I was in high school and since I was in college ó nobody wanted me to resign in that situation because they thought, ĎThere [is] so much left in you and this team isnít taking care of you or treating you right.í Thatís the way I felt and it was like, if you are going to come and not put out a good contract on the table then, hey, we gotta think about going somewhere else.Ē
Interesting. We need to note here that Boston offered Allen more money ó Boston offered two years at $6 million per, Miami and he reached a deal for two years at the tax-payers mid-level ($3 million this year, $3.2 next year).

If Bostonís contract was insulting to him in some way, he didnít make more moving on.

Which shows this wasnít about money, it was about being wanted. Boston is a team shifting to the future ó Rondo will be the man, Avery Bradley is a good fit next to him in the backcourt. Allen felt pushed aside by all that. He goes down to Miami and he is courted and told how much he is wanted and needed and that wins him over. Allen has his money, this was about playing where he felt a fit, where he felt needed.

And itís natural for him to think Boston didnít give him that. Even if it doesnít look like that at all from the Celticsí side of the table.