View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #18
Face of the Golden Falcon
...born of a future war

Face of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venoms
Send a message via MSN to Face of the Golden Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
but balance depends on the idea of imbalance. if someone knows what balance is then theyll know what imbalance is. how can you understand 1 without understanding the other.

im not saying that insanity and sanity balance with eachother. they dont. but they depend on eachother because if you know 1 you know the other.
Just because your understanding of either of these two concepts (sanity and insanity) depend on your understanding of it's "oppostite" does not mean that "sanity" as an actual real "thing" depends at all on "insanity". You're confusing your understanding of reality with reality itself. I suspect this is because you believe that reality is completely subjective.

Your original statement was that "sanity depends on insanity". Which is not true. An intellectual understanding of sanity as a concept depends on having also an intellectual understanding of insanity as a concept.

Whether or not you have an intellectual understanding of sanity has no bearing on sanity as a reality.

Quote:
i think my vie on the universe is very different from yours.
I'd say so. Which means we may not get very far in this conversation, but it's interesting none the less.

Quote:
i dont think that things balance out or that they make the universe ordered.

i dont think the universe reaches a complete balanced state.

i think this is an illusion people see. a good example is evolution. its a chaotic event but it looks like it has order cuz every animal seems to be so complex that an inventor must have created them with a set orderly plan and that these animals couldnt have came from such a chaotic thing as natural slection.

same way people look at the universe. they believe it should be ordered and balanced
Things are ordered though. It's what makes them "things". A true understanding of chaos can only be one of complete chaos. You cannot have a little bit of chaos or 80% chaos etc. either it's chaos or it isn't. The Universe will allow there to be an element of disorder, but even then the intelligence and capacity of the universe to adapt merges that disorder into the cosmic plan.

You say people believe that it should be ordered when it is ordered. It is objectively observable.

or·der/ˈôrdər/

Noun:The arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method.

This is all that that is seen in the universe. Order.

If you don't think that there is an intelligence behind this order, fine, but there is order.

Assuming macroevolution is a viable theory on the order of things (I would say it has to many holes for that to be so) how is it a chaotic event? How can you say it is a chaotic event but "looks like it has order". Which one is it? How do you decide which one it is? Do you live your life assuming your senses are incorrect simply because they are not always 100% accurate?

Peace.

Req Em Ab

Face of the Golden Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote