View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #24
Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

Originally Posted by Shaolin Bloody Sword View Post
Well Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, kriss kross, So so def, and many other mainstream artists were hot too. I would say my older brother had a huge influence in my taste in Hip-hop. He used to play 6 feet deep (Gravediggaz) in the house when i was like 11 or 12 years old. We grew up in the golden era of Hip-hop.... Back then commercial and real hip-hop had exposure; unlike now.
I remember when Kris Kross was hot, and I was a lil kid, I remember vibin to their music a lot when I was really young, their music was funny, lol, but i didnt took their music seriously, I started listening to hip-hop because of skateboarding, first I was into beastie boys, house of pain and cypress hill, but then i discovered resturn to 36 chambers by odb, then wu-tang, then mobb deep, then it was written by nas, then cnn...i really liked nyc sound back then, i miss that boom-bap hip-hop, specially QB mobb deep dark boom-bap, that was my shit!

Last edited by Apocalypse; 11-15-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote