View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
Face of the Golden Falcon
...born of a future war

Face of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venoms
Send a message via MSN to Face of the Golden Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
i disagree.

if someone was going to rape someone i know id hit that person even though i dont like being hit.

a better saying would be "do onto others what deserves to be done to them"
Following the Golden Rule requires a deep understanding of Universal/Natural/God's Law. When it is understood who and what the Self is, saying "do unto others what deserves to be done to them" is the same as saying "do unto others as you would have done unto your Self". According to Natural (Neter All) Law the rapist has violated the victims rights and therefore gives up his/her own rights in that the victim/s (as one suffers so do all suffer) now has the right to stop the rapist by any means necessary.

As one who understands the Self a person should expect and want to be called on their crap and reprimanded if necessary if they are in violation of Natural Law. Obviously you would hope that one who understands the Self would not be engaging in such acts anyway (otherwise it could be said they do not truly understand the Self).

I thought you believed in moral relativism Rakim? How does the judgement of "what deserves to be done unto them" get decided and by who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibusfan420 View Post
The Golden Rule is flawed and was improved upon greatly throughout early philosophy.

The sentiment of it is nice enough, but as a guiding principle for interacting with others in a modern society it is redundant and illogical.

Why should i treat someone else the way i want be treated and not the way they want to be treated?
As I said above the Golden Rule requires an understanding of the Self and Natural Law to be truly understood. If this is the case it needs no improving.

Modern society is redundant and illogical.

If a mentally challenged person wishes you to cause them severe harm would you do it? Doing unto others as they want done unto them is flawed because it puts the dependency of morality outside of the Self, just like depending on a book (bible etc,) or societal norms etc.

If ones morality is not guided by the conscience, which is an objective morality faculty, then ones morality is and always will be flawed and destructive in some way. This is why we have the erroneus concept of moral relativism running so rampant in "civilized" society and why "civilized" society sinks deeper and deeper into the cess pool it has created for itself.

Req Em Ab

Face of the Golden Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote