View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm sorry but i really don't follow what you're saying.

Can you explain how conscience is an "objective moral faculty"... i don't know what that means. I don't understand what you mean when you say: "it puts the dependency of morality outside of the Self".

In the example i gave (considering another's individuality) one is still morally autonomous, but one acts in the interest of other's in accordance with their preferences. I'm not arguing with you, i just don't see how you can say we should not consider the wants of other's when interacting with them.

I can understand the importance of knowing myself, but what direct logical benefit would this have for other's?

If you have a consummate understanding of yourself, how does necessitate a consummate understanding of others? It's obviously a component of understanding other people, but it in itself isn't enough....

I don't think you really address the issue with the Golden Rule which is that it does not take into account individuality.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote