View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #66
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
so much wrong with this (in my view) that i wouldnt know where to start, I've asked about previous cultures where the bible has taken almost all its writings from, but you ignore that...you take teh word of the bible as final, not putting into question, where it came from. who wrote it, and for what purpose.... if you feel you need to know about sovereignty and authority, from books written by man(edited by more men, not to mention, the books they dont want you to even know exist, that used to be part of the bible) not the direct word of god, then thats upto you. i dont think bad or good on that.. its upto you. its your experience here, you dont need books to tell you how to live, and even if you did, why havent the westernised peoples with power(elite) who are 'christians' done what they're holly book wants them too? (live in order) unless your saying to honor and glorify him. they do what they do (oppress others)

i only disagree with your last few words... why would god want you to glorify and honor him? wouldnt he want you to live your life, as best you can at peace with humanity?? respecting everything around you

what do you think of other modern day religions? are their gods the same as yours?
why do you put christianity ahead of all other...
so of these books from the bible that are not included, do they totally contradict the testimony of the ones that are included?

i dont expect those opposed to God to accept someone telling them that God made them for the purpose of honoring and glorifying him. since they see themselves as God, why would they want to honor or glorify anyone but themself? where did i say that the bible teaches us about sovereignty and authority? i said the bible teaching us about god's sovereignty and authority and how were are to honor God's sovereignty and authority with our lives. doing this is not to God's benefit, its to our benefit. just like a child obeying their parents is not to benefit the parents, but the child.

i fail to see how those disobeying the commands of the God they claim to serve means anything. they disobey for the same reason everyone else does. their god is the image they see in the mirror.

i also dont see the significance of pointing out that the bible has been edited by men. the theory of evolution and the big bang theory have also been edited by men. and? scientists dont use carbon dating for fossils anymore and use anothe rmethod because its more accurate. bible scholars do research on the original languages that the bible was wirtten in to more accurately translate what the original writers were saying.

what are these cultures or religions that the bible has taken things from?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote