View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #27
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
It's not a matter of them not being able to make good music without El-P. It's a matter of it not being real Cannibal Ox without him. As far as I'm concerned El-P was as much a part of that group as Vast and Vordul. And by far the most important part at it. He made them sound like they did.

They can still make a good album without him. It'll just be like their solo albums though. Good enough music but nothing special. I'm personally not the slightest bit excited about it. I have no doubt I'll completely forget about it and only ever check it out if I happen to hear about it after it drops.
Revolution of Yung Havoks and Ox 2010 are dope albums. They've kept at it for over a decade since El-P abandoned them, I'd say the real Cannibal Ox are Vordul and Vast.

Even before El picked them up, they dominated in Atoms Family.

I just think it's a bit of an overestimate to say it'll be just like their solo works considering we haven't heard a project from Ox in over a decade, or even a single for this release- but to each their own. I personally find Vordul's solo work solid. But I can understand the viewpoint of El-P's production/engineering bringing unique qualities out in Can Ox, at least on Cold Vein; but it's a bit of a stretch to say it'd still apply imo.

Last edited by Young Gun; 11-18-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote