View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #44
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
"I don't need to listen to Dark Matter to know that it's not going to be as good as Beneath The Surface."

I get that but depending on the history of the MC, some CONSTANTLY put out good consistent work regardless if they have an incredible debut album. Why do you think there are even debates as to why some second round solos/group albums are even BETTER then the debuts? (36 Chambers=Forever, IRONMAN=Supreme Clientele). Those are fine examples of people who think a latter album is better. MK can possibly pull that off.

"What Masta Killa is capable of? I think he's the most underrated member in the clan and as a lyricist he is a monster."

Then your already underrating him if you think he can't possibly drop a better album than NSD.

"He killed Glaciers of Ice, Da Mystery Of Chessboxin and some other tracks. He's just not doing that anymore, not on that level"

He doesn't need to to make a good album. NSD & MIB both evidence that. He didnt spit anything nearly like his older days on either albums for them to both good when you have amazing tracks like Ringing Bells, Its What It Is, Queen, Iron God Chamber, Secret Rivals, Silverbacks.
You can't compare a legendary era like that to the music today. No Said Date had very dope lyrics, no legendary verses like Wu-Tang Clan verses or guest appearances, but still high class. Yes, I do like Wu-Tang Forever more than 36 Chambers, cause that's a classic album and actually a perfect way of demonstrating 'growth' within the Clan. Everyone was at their peak at the time and production was way more versatile than 36 Chambers (still one of my favorites of all time) and on top of that double LP. The SC/Ironman discussion is because those albums are actually on the same level and Ghost was able to pull it off back then. Everyone knows he can't do that right now. Time is a important factor, production won't be as good, don't see him putting the same effort into this album like he did back then. Made In Brooklyn was dope, but wasn't fucking with No Said Date. Why would you think this one would be better?