View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #20
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
dude you are way too harsh of a critic

monumental was a good album

had a few great tracks
When I heard Smif N Wessun and Pete Rock were making an album together the first thing that came to my mind was This shit is going to be some of the greatest shit in the last couple of years for sure. It is by far the worst release of Smif N Wessun and also the worst release by Pete Rock. The combination just didn't work, the rapping was bad and the production was poor sampling mostly. I don't see how I am being harsh. Most songs were just bad, not terrible (for Pete's abilities it actually was) but bad. There were 2 songs I liked, but those were just good, nothing special.

I enjoy releases like the last Slum Village mixtape with Mick Boogie, mainly because of Young RJ's incredible producing. He is not lazy and has great samples. Substantial also dropped a great album earlier this year.

I don't think I'm being too hard on this album tho, most of the times I am, but in this case I think a lot of people was hating on the album