Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #10406
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

IronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to IronSheik Send a message via Skype™ to IronSheik
Default Ravens Fire OC: Cameron | 49ers Suspend RB: Jacobs Following Social Media Posts

After two straight losses, the Baltimore Ravens have decided to fire offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and promote quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell, according to the Baltimore Sun. It's no surprise to see a team cut loose a coach to try to shake off a bad spell.

49ers have suspended running back Brandon Jacobs for the final three games following a series of posts on social media sites addressing his lack of playing time, including one during the weekend saying he was “on this team rotting away.”

The 49ers said Monday, about two hours after coach Jim Harbaugh’s news conference, that Jacobs had been disciplined.

Jacobs became increasingly verbal in his frustration via social media during the weekend over a lack of playing time.

The 30-year-old Jacobs has five carries for 7 yards while being active for only two games with the NFC West-leading Niners (9-3-1). He spent his first seven NFL seasons with the New York Giants and has called this his “worst” year.

Jacobs on Saturday said via Instagram: “I am on this team rotting away so why would I wanna put any pics up of anything that say niners,” Jacobs said. “This is by far the worst year I ever had, I’ll tell you like I told plenty others.”

Jacobs—inactive again with rookie LaMichael James active for the first time—has repeatedly referred any questions about his playing time to head coach Jim Harbaugh.

On Twitter later, Jacobs said: “I don’t understand why people are angry at me because I wanna do what I am paid to do, I am a competitive person, I think people should be mad if I didn’t wanna play. … As for all of my Instagram photos I don’t have any niner pics, if you’ll find me some pics I’ll put them up.”

Jacobs, hampered by a knee injury earlier this season, spends approximately 20 minutes before games punching the goal-post padding. He has said it is his way of dealing with the situation.

When asked after Sunday’s game about Jacobs’ comments, Harbaugh only said, “I have no comment for that.”

The 30-year-old Jacobs ran for 571 yards and seven touchdowns last season as a backup to Ahmad Bradshaw. He is the fourth-leading rusher in franchise history with 4,849 yards, but saw his role diminish with the emergence of Bradshaw and became increasingly disgruntled.