View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:36 AM   #28
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i actually liked it quite a lot, there's some fantastic concepts on here and very well executed as a sort of audiobiography. i really dig how Lamar is jumping back and forth from different character's POV (sometimes different parts of himself, sometimes other people like in "Sing About Me") and switching up his voice and flow as it goes.. he's very talented for sure.

the beats go from slamming to mediocre though. some tracks really grabs you from jump and works perfectly with the themes, such as "Art of Peer Pressure", "Dying of Thirst", "Compton", "GOOD KIDD", "Madd City", etc.) but i don't fuck with "Sherane" and "Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe" for example.

all in all i think it's a good debut album, well executed and original. definitely one of the most interesting West Coast debuts in the last few years, but had he invited a few A-list producers (beside Just Blaze) the album could have been much better.

3.5 / 5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote