View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #221
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

finally got the chance to see the movie two nights ago, wish i could've seen it for real in a cinema as i would definitely support it if it was playing here.. it was pretty much what i expected it to be, classic Kung Fu flick style meets Tarantino and Wu-Tang crossed my mind. it works well as an homage to the classics too.

it is very good looking, the action scenes are exceptional, and there were a lot of fun moments. the soundtrack was of course brilliant, both in its use of the original score, the songs from the soundtrack and reused tracks like "Shame on a Nigga" and "Unexpected". i do think RZA might have overdone it slightly with adding music, it's great, but sometimes a movie need some silence as dramatic effect. this had music almost all the way through.. hard to complain when it's RZA's music though lol.

as i bet already been discussed here, the story and narration did seem a bit messy, there were so many different characters and plot elements that were introduced solely via RZA's narration which made it a bit hard to follow at times. mostly i saw the movie as simple, pure FUN and in that aspect it works really well. RZA came along way from that "Domestic Violence" video, it's not an "Eraserhead" or "Reservoir Doggs" but still a quite impressive debut.

as a Wu head, i'd be tempted to give it a 4/5, but as a movie i'm settling with 3/5 which i think is a very fair review, meaning that it's good but not great.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote