Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #10491
OlympiQ
\_(ツ)_/

OlympiQ drunken mastaOlympiQ drunken mastaOlympiQ drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
the colts arent spotting the other team 14 points every game so saying they abandoned the run because they were always in a hole is simply false. this would be true for maybe 2 games out of 14.
I could actually point to several different games where the opposing team has capitalized on the extra possessions Luck has given them early in games. Just because it isn't a pick 6 doesn't make it any less demoralizing cause it still leads to points and is still considered being put in a hole by their qb.
Quote:
in all other games they have to make plays late to get wins where they might be down by a FG or a TD in the 4th.
what good is the guy who is good in an emergency (say: a house fire) when he's one of the ones who set fire to the house to begin with?
Quote:
tom brady has 6 picks and has a better running game yet he also averages 40 throws a game. same with peyton manning. the colts simply run an offense centered around passing.
another horrible comparison. Manning and Brady are actually effective throwing 40 throws a game while Luck can't even lead a top 20 offense throwing that many times. Why would a team center their offense around passing when it isn't effective? I didn't realize that the best way of bringing along a rookie QB is by putting them into an offense that doesn't minimize their mistakes.

and again: How do you explain Luck's terrible numbers the last two weeks despite having a "effective" run game?
Quote:
there are 5 games where RG3 throws less than 25 times and he has 30 attempts or more in only 3 games. saying they throw less because he's more efficient throwing early in games just doesnt make sense.
Maybe, just maybe, if Luck was able to complete better than 50% of his passes he wouldn't need to throw it 50 times a game better yet 67%. Or if he he didn't turn over the ball so frequently early on in games he wouldn't have to throw 18+ times ever fourth quarter in comeback attempts.

Andrew Luck is the only quarterback I've ever seen with a sub-80 QB rating, 18 interceptions with a TD/INT ratio of 1/1, leading the league, and a sub-55 CMP% and yet actually be as praised and heralded as he is.

Quote:
griffien can run as fast as most WR in the league. why would shanahan not design an offense to take advantage of that? they're a football team centered around the run just like the 49ers.
Yes, the Skins are running team but the notion that Griffin "doesn't" pass or can't pass is ridiculous.

Quote:
RG3 makes the runnning game go, with his legs, not his arm.
The only reason I stated this was because you were acting if RG3 benefits from having a great back. Luck has proven these last two weeks that he's just extremely inefficient period, with or without a running game.
OlympiQ is offline   Reply With Quote