Thread: Church Vs. God.
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #130
Face of the Golden Falcon
...born of a future war

Face of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venoms
Send a message via MSN to Face of the Golden Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey View Post
Falcon, Jesus birth was prophesied,
Obviously not very well. The Scribes and Pharisees apparently had no idea that the Messiah was actually going to be God in the Flesh. It was these guys whole life to study and interpret scripture but they missed that part some how?

Quote:
the Jews chose to believe Jesus was not God.
They chose to believe what God had told them in the Torah. They obviously had no idea that God was going to deceive them like that. Like I said though it was obviously God's plan for Jesus to be murdered. Someone had to do the murdering and God tricked the Jews into thinking it was the right thing to do, which of course (according to christianity) it apparently was because if it wasn't for the trickery and murder we wouldn't have been saved from our sins???!?!?!

Quote:
Jesus didn't kill himself, he sacrificed his mortal body for the sins of every man who believes in him.
Which is a beautifully poetic way of saying he killed himself. Thank you. That sort of emotional black mail may work in the pulpit on SUNday (did I mention astrotheology?) but not on me.

Quote:
He raised from the dead on the third day. He made Lazarus rise from death. He created everything, he can do anything. He is God
We're not going to get far if you're going to pull the "He is God" arguement. I don't have a problem with anything being possible for God. That's not the arguement. Whether or not something is possible for God does not give any more or less credibility to the collection of writings called the Bible. It would not be possible for me to come on here and claim almighty God is a bearded fellow named Zeus who sits on a mountain hurling lightning bolts and it's true because I read it in an ancient writing and anything is possible for God. I would get shut down pretty quick.

Req Em Ab

Face of the Golden Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote