Thread: Church Vs. God.
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #132
Obey
Fuck your respect

Obey shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
Obviously not very well. The Scribes and Pharisees apparently had no idea that the Messiah was actually going to be God in the Flesh. It was these guys whole life to study and interpret scripture but they missed that part some how?

They chose to believe what God had told them in the Torah. They obviously had no idea that God was going to deceive them like that. Like I said though it was obviously God's plan for Jesus to be murdered. Someone had to do the murdering and God tricked the Jews into thinking it was the right thing to do, which of course (according to christianity) it apparently was because if it wasn't for the trickery and murder we wouldn't have been saved from our sins???!?!?!
How could God kill Jesus if Jesus is God? He laid down his life for our sins, it's not murder if you know its going to happen and yet you go to face it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
We're not going to get far if you're going to pull the "He is God" arguement. I don't have a problem with anything being possible for God. That's not the arguement. Whether or not something is possible for God does not give any more or less credibility to the collection of writings called the Bible. It would not be possible for me to come on here and claim almighty God is a bearded fellow named Zeus who sits on a mountain hurling lightning bolts and it's true because I read it in an ancient writing and anything is possible for God. I would get shut down pretty quick.
If you had literal or historical facts then you'd hold a strong case. Whereas apart from all other evidence there are many prophecies fulfilled from the old testament.

Isaiah 7:14 (around 700BC) Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
Cause battlin' me is like fightin' a gorilla in a phone booth
Obey is offline   Reply With Quote