View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #42
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
his saving grace is his lyrics. few MCs can write like that. and he's got a pretty good ear for beats. and let's face it, he owns the underground rap scene right now and has been for the past few years
the only timehe had good beats is that mixtape with green lantern. mostly he spits over beats sound like they were made by youtube producers.

and yeah he's got a dedicated following, the underground scene is basicaly run by him tech 9, and slug. in short words, ug rap fans are a bunch of cornballs.

as far as lyrics i disagree. he has some dope shit, dont get me wrong, but mostly on his apolitical shit. he's at his best doing punchlines or storytelling. his political shit is embarassing. its the deadly combination of preachy and (largely) false. i imagine his writing process for political songs is to scan infowars headlines that he can force to rhyme as he huffs and puffs thru another verse about the bilderbergs. there are exceptions (i've always liked the 2nd verse to bin laden, he made some good points), but overall his shit is too blunt and clouded by bullshit. just in this last year killer mike basically shat on his existence by dropping some political shit that was smart, well delivered and actually sounded good. regan is better than any album tech ever dropped..
my ice cool as the night air
two fives flare
glare through your cartier eyewear
and knock ya newborn out the high chair
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote