Thread: The cross
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

True. But by wearing the cross, is not his death being remembered instead of the good he has done in his life? Shouldn't the symbol of his remembrance be something dignifying and indicative of what he was?

In the bible, it is written:

John 10:11 - 11 “I am the good shepherd...."

John 15:5 - “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches."

A shepherd and a vine are more appropriate symbols to show what he was, a cross is inappropriate as a symbol showing who he was as a person.

I would assume most mothers of children that have died would choose to remember their children's lives not the way they went out.

I've never seen them wear symbols or the tools or weapons of their enemies (if they were murdered) as items of remembrance for their child. If they did that, it would be weird. I find it weird that Jesus is remembered by a cross (the symbol and tool of their enemies at the time - the Romans) when he was a righteous man who did good things. He did more than hang on a cross.

My point is way over heads. I finish now.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

Last edited by diggy; 02-21-2013 at 06:28 PM.
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote