View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #61
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I've read most of the comments here.

I listened to this album and honestly I was not impressed. It doesnt sound like the producers collaborated with Priest.

Tracks are hit or miss.

My issue is with Priests delivery/cadence and how he structures his rhymes with several tracks on this album.

As I was listening I felt something was off and after listening to other albums by Priest and various other artists I returned to this album and realised it was the way Priest was delivering his rhymes/bars.

IMO Great artists have the ability to have their voice and rhymes add to and compliment the overall production/music. And their rhymes are usual indictitive of the music. (I.E. Ominous sounding beats are complimented by ominous lyrics, which adds atmosphere to a song - for example see Carefull, Click Click - Wutang, Thug is a Drug - Mos Def.)

On several tracks Priest delivery doesnt compliment the music, his rhymes seem to be competing with the music for the listeners ear.

Priest sounds like he isn't feeling/emoting what he's rhyming.

Other times it just seems like Priest is just rhyming with no regard to the beat.

I didnt notice and emphasis in his rhymes (I.E. No pause to emphasize words No change of voice during delivery.)

This album has a lot to digest. I am still listening. I do however like

Listen To Me
Salute
Fire Stone
The Park
Lotus Flower
Energy Work

Theres more but I cant think of them because the track "Music of the Spheres" is so fucking aweful I was scratching my head as to what he was trying to accomplish. The Beat is chopped and edited as if the engineer/producer was'nt paid or just didnt give a shit so they pushed this out trying to be original and different. It doesnt work.

Before everyone starts to bash me remember this is just my opinion.