View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #35
Jammin
Veteran Member

Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Joss Whedonís Reaction to ĎIron Man 3′ Ending

Itís been what, two weeks since the last Iron Man 3 poster was revealed? That kind of laziness simply wonít do. Fortunately, IMAX is here to save the day with a new poster featuring the whole gang. Tony (Robert Downey Jr.) and Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow) clutch each other while supporting characters look on somberly, and little Iron Men fly around in the background.

All of it portends some serious drama, but most of us wonít know what exactly happens in the film for another several weeks. As part of the Marvel family, though, Joss Whedon got a little sneak peek. And according to studio head Kevin Feige, he had quite a reaction to the Iron Man 3 ending. Read about his comments and check out the new poster after the jump.

2 Kids and a Coupon (via Cinema Blend) attended a recent press event with Feige, where he revealed Whedonís reaction.

Ö.We have what I think is the biggest, you know, most action packed finale weíve had. I showed the film to Joss Whedon who is our writer-director of Avengers, is currently working on Avengers 2, and he saw the finale of this and he goes, now what am I supposed to do now? What am I going to do in Avengers 2?

Avengers itself had a pretty kick-ass ending, so if Whedonís impressed Iím prepared to be dazzled as well. Iím happy to see the Marvel team keep trying to top themselves ó that just means thereís more great stuff for us fans ahead.

As for the IMAX poster, itís literally just a composite of all the other posters released so far. Take this one featuring Tony and Pepper front and center, then copy and paste in the character posters for The Mandarin, Aldrich Killian, and James Rhodes. And it borrows from more than a few pervasive poster design trends, what with the blue/orange color scheme, the crowded character layout, the cloudy background and the floating debris / sparks.

Itís not exactly the most original bit of marketing, then. But itís reminding me (once again) about the movie without detracting from my interest in it, so mission accomplished, I guess.

ONE WORD ... EPIC !
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote