View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
SlumLord88

SlumLord88 shaolin masta killaSlumLord88 shaolin masta killaSlumLord88 shaolin masta killaSlumLord88 shaolin masta killaSlumLord88 shaolin masta killaSlumLord88 shaolin masta killaSlumLord88 shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZAjector View Post
so far on side A:

there are some dope fuckin melodies in here

but honestly they're over too quick, and they're too fuckin spastic IMO. i hate that lo-fi chop/stutter bullshit that lacks cohesion

sometimes the beat should just ride, but whatever it's your shit do what you want i guess

trying to freestyle or write to some of this shit is pointless to me

side B is the better of the 2 to me. a few of the beats had enough substance to actually lay down a few
Thanks for the feedback, I feel ya on side A but that's my partners side. That's his style and tho I understand what ur saying, I do like it a lot. If you listen to my early tapes they were very short almost like sketches of beats and I would go thru so much vinyl I just made a lot of beats and crammed them in a tape. So kinda reminds me of that time when I only had one piece of gear...and had mad fun with it.

Side B is all me and I have kinda grown into making those sketches into beats/songs but I still don't let the beat drag on. I let it say what it has to say and then on to the next beat.

So thanks everyone for listening and thanks for the feedback too...

Stay tuned....
SlumLord88 is offline   Reply With Quote