View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #90
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite vagina View Post
of course they are

they killed progressive rock for good and that's the best thing that ever happened for the good of music. if it wasn't for them we would've had pink floyd clone bands in the 80s. and pink floyd were only good in the 60s.

then nirvana, another band obsessed with punk culture, killed another shitty genre, hair metal.
Pink Floyd only good in the 60's... what the fuck am I reading!? Their best albums were in the 70's. This is objectively true.

Also, there were still many prog rock bands in the 80's. Some really good ones too. IQ, Eloy, Marillion, Yes, Camel, Genesis etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
the ramones in fact weren't even the first punk band. that would be Death (1974) most people don't know about the afro-punk movement that was going on long before 1977

That would be MC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
Whoa...holy shit...hold up...what the fuck?

You are aware that their first really great album, Meddle, didn't even come out until '71, right?
That's not their first album.