View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah i get ya, the versatility is something else on that album, who would think that a an absolute screamer like "X.Y.U" would be followed with something light and bouncy like "We Only Come Out At Night". I used to sit down with the cassette booklet and read along with lyrics everytime, been years since i have done that.

Very hard to pick a favorite, but i think its between "1979" (one of the all time great rock songs), "Where Boys Fear To thread" (theres so many great metal(ish) songs on the album, but the evil-sounding riff just does it for me), and while i know its a big proggy, i loved the soundscapes during the quiet parts of this song "Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans", it just sounded epic to me when i was younger. "Through The Eyes Of Ruby" is an amazing song as well, that grew on me over the years to also be one of my favorites.

If I was to pick a favorite Pumpkins song though, it could be "Rhinoceros" from Gish.

Have you seen this re-release of it?

http://www.discogs.com/Smashing-Pump...elease/4074322

Theres a 4xLP version of it too, but it doesnt include the 64!!!! bonus tracks that the cd does or the dvd.

Its fuckin expensive but when i get money i get money together i think that warrents a purchase

^sick as FUCK
Durag is online now   Reply With Quote