Kephrem
Veteran Member

Kephrem crouching tigerKephrem crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post

these are brownish reddish people from the middle East

they have a degree of melanin = not red which a lack thereof

Quote:
thats another theory for the origin for "redskin", but if you look at Joeseph Smith he thought of Native Americans as red and he was referring directly to their skin, not red paint.

didn't he also think they were cursed with blackness? "In the Book of Mormon, Lamanites are described as having a "skin of blackness"...so which one is it?

Quote:
if Esau was an albino he would be called very white and not red and that would mean King David and Solomon were albinos.

what you see in albinos is the lack of melanin which gives a pinkish hue which is red...

Quote:
the Hebrew word for ground is also closely related to the word for red. u make the mistake of not knowing that there is red soil in the Middle East. Go to Australia or the Middle East and you'll see what I mean.

Sirach (Apocrypha) chapter 33:10
And all men are from the ground, and Adam was CREATED OF
EARTH.

the earh is brown not red

Quote:
i've never read the quaran so i wouldnt know but how does the colour of mud youre created from decide someones skin colour.

if eve was created from a white rib is she white?

was eve made of an actual rib?

Quote:
revelation is written in a metaphorical context so you cannot use that.

at times it sure is metaphorical....so then what does red represent there if not the actual color of the devil according to you....and is that red color good?

Quote:
i dont remember any laws of leprosy calling red skin unclean. are u sure u arent getting confused with red sores?

both the color red and white are used unfavorably when leprosy is described...

Quote:
ur not reading this in context. The Hebrew word for "blacker" in this sentence means "to grow blacker" which means they were lighter and now they've become darker. Why has this happened? Probably because they've lost blood and become thinner which makes coloured people more dark.

the people are also punished and become diseased so maybe theyre covered with so many scabs they've went darker, or they've caught a skin disease which makes their skin darker.

can brown skinned people "grow blacker"..yes or no?

really?? scabs?!

Quote:
it's not saying the Hebrews always had black skin. It is even implying that the black skin is bad.

"Their princes were brighter than snow
and whiter than milk,
their bodies more ruddy than rubies,
their appearance like lapis lazuli.
white = holines... as in having a clean slate... and rubies represent hardness..durabilty...or strength

Quote:
But now they are blacker than soot;
they are not recognized in the streets.
Their skin has shriveled on their bones;
it has become as dry as a stick."

can brown skinned people become blacker?

or do red people become blacker?

Quote:
I know thi is a slightly sloppy translation. but basicly it's saying the Jews were originally red and were dazzling (should be "more dazzling" instead of "whiter") but now theyve become diseased and their skin has gone darker coloured.

it could even be a reference oh fire raining down on them from God and they're turning black from soot.

also look at Job 30:30 it also suggests that Job's skin has darkened from diseases.

can brown skinned people become blacker? the jews were mistaken for egyptians which were african...the classic egyptians were not whiter then snow or red/european colored

Quote:
I don't know why. I thought we were talking about original Jews, not Jesus.

jesus was an unoriginal jew?

Quote:
that picture couldve been from anywhere for all I know.

its russian...and at the very least 300 years old..if not 500

Quote:
Maybe some Russians took it from some Africans. I have no idea. Never seen that picture before.

russians took an orthodox christian painthing from africans and placed it in a ancient russian cathedral as a holy relic? and lets say they did....thats not the sole one that depicts hebrews as black...so the question remains why...

Quote:

look at their pictures

they were an orange brownish reddish colour.

so now not only does red mean brown and white but also orange?
Kephrem is offline   Reply With Quote