View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

I never heard their earlier albums before Keep Your Head To The Sky. I bet most people didn't know that Maurice White had some different band members before they did Keep Your Head To The Sky album. Maurice's manager told him that he should consider using different band members because the group wasn't selling any records. They were a jazz band at first and when Maurice took his manager's advice and used different band members, the rest is history. They made several good albums later on in the mid 70's to early 80's. I saw a documentary about them called Shining Stars which is very good. It's about 2-3 hours and every group member is interviewed. Maurice White, Philip Bailey, Verdine White(Maurice's brother)does most of the talking.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote